Friday, March 05, 2010

Interesting



I have to admit my initial reaction wasn't much different from the last guy on the video. This got me to thinking about how strange our perceptions and prejudices can be. I've had no problem over the years eating this product knowing it comes from a female cow. When it comes from a female human, however, I'm a lot less enthusiastic. Weird. Even now, the best I could say is I might try it, but not without a little squeamishness.

Of course, this could lead to a digression about how strange the whole dairy industry is - the fact that we are constantly being bombarded with ads telling us how essential milk is to our lives when it is really only essential if you happen to be a baby cow - but I won't go there.

In other news, it's looking like we are going to have a beautiful weekend here in the city. Time to get truly acquainted with my new camera.

1 comment:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I guess it approaches cannibalism in some people's minds, or perhaps it encroaches on the sanctity of motherhood or something. Interesting experiment, though.