Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What draws my ire. . .

I am getting tired of companies that I've bought something from or whose services I've used calling me up for follow-up surveys. I really wasn't bothered when it happened once in a while - maybe every few months. Nowadays, it's happening once or twice a week and I'm sick of it.

I don't mind being helpful. I've done surveys before. It's the number of them that bothers me. It's the fact that everyone I buy something from now wants my feedback. They should realize that if I bought their product or service and a few weeks go by without an irate phone call, chances are I am satisfied.

What also irks me is that, while they "value" my opinion, they usually don't value it enough to have someone talk to me in person. Sometimes, my opinion just does not fall into a satisfied/dissatisfied dichotomy. Sometimes, I am even foolish enough to believe that my opinions are not best represented by "press 1 for. . . ", "press 2 for. . . ". Sometimes, if I am asked for my opinion, I want to actually give my opinion.

Press '9' if you're tired of this rant. Press '2' if you want me to go back to writing about about books and stuff.

No comments: