Saturday, June 14, 2008

Some thoughts on the City

Who would've thought that Toronto could support a pro soccer team? I know I had my doubts. As they continue to sell out BMO field, I'm beginning to think I was wrong.

The downside to living two floors above a loading dock - loud trucks and drivers who like their horns.

The upside? I just spent a half hour watching some kids filming their skateboard tricks on the steps and concrete poles. Perhaps not an even trade, but I'm okay with it.

The city needs more buskers.

The city needs less self-obsessed drivers. Share the roads, people. It works better that way.

Sure, I could go to Starbucks and hang out with a book for a while. I just prefer the crowd down at Tim Horton's. A far more interesting mix of humanity at all hours of the day and night.

The city needs more streetcars. Go for a ride on the Spadina car and you'll see what I mean.

The Pasture by Joe Fanfare is one of the city's coolest monuments/installations. It's seven bronze cows on a field of grass in the heart of the business district. Random and fun.

That's it for now.

No comments: