Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Turns out the depression didn't just happen in B&W. . .

http://www.time.com/time/photoessays/2009/fsa_color_multimedia/

In some ways, I had a hard time believing these were depression era photos. We've become so conditioned to seeing the depression through black and white photos.

In other news, I am one 10 hour shift away from vacation. In the next 13 days, I will:

- go see The Sound of Music with my foster sister Jeanne. She may be blind but that has not stopped us from taking her to ball games and all sorts of things. A musical should be right up her alley.

- fly out to Winnipeg to spend the Thanksgiving weekend visiting my friend Sean. Winnipeg is one of my favourite cities.

- take a photography seminar run by Tanja-Tiziana, a great local photographer.

- go to Stratford with 2 sisters, 1 brother in law and 1 future brother in law to see West Side Story. I haven't been to a musical in years, not since I saw Mickey Rooney ham it up in Crazy For You. Now I'm going to two in a week and a half. Strange. Even stranger, I just found out Rooney has the same birthday as me. So does Bruce Springsteen, for that matter.

-spend at least a bit of time up at the parents' homestead. From what I hear, there garage is almost done and they still have lots of deer wandering around.

Right now, though, I'm going to take a nap. I've had a cold all weekend and I'm hoping to get rid of it soon.

2 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Please take me with you! You sure don;t waste your time on vacation, do you? No reorganizing linen closets for this boy.

John Mutford said...

Mickey Rooney was in a musical?! Where the hell was I?