Sunday, July 15, 2007

Power Touristing

Got back from Ottawa Friday. In just over two days I saw the Parliament Buildings, the Changing of the Guard, the War Museum, Bytown Museum and the Locks, the National Gallery and the Aviation Museum.

I didn't really intend to do all that. But Ottawa's core is so compact that the only thing that wasn't in walking distance was the Aviation Museum. Packing in a few museums, then, is quite easy. It was fun to just wander around.

I also took some time to go for a ride on their busway. While I still like railed transit better, the busway is a great system - a line of dedicated roads for buses with full, subway-like, station stops. Especially for a smaller city, it seems to be a great way to get subway service from buses.

Now, I have to go do some cleaning.

No comments: