Friday, December 07, 2007

Thing that make you go hmmm. . .

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20071207.wcoop07/BNStory/National/home

I actually noticed this on Wednesday when I made a trip to MEC. I was looking for a small daypack but I also figured I'd pick up another Nalgene bottle. Surprise, surprise. They were nowhere to be found.

I had an idea of why. There had been rumblings for quite a while that the plastic in the bottles was not entirely safe. Thankfully, they offered a replacement product that is working out pretty well - a stainless steel water bottle.

So far, it's working pretty well. I think I will go back soon and pick up a couple more and swear off the plastic ones at least until there are some conclusive findings.

In other news, it's Friday and I have decided to take the whole weekend off. Usually, I work an extra shift or two on Sundays. This weekend, I'll spend my Sunday catching up on my cleaning. Tomorrow, I'm thinking of going to see Lars and the Real Girl. I like quirky indie fare.

So long for now. . .

No comments: