Sunday, March 08, 2009

Some random thoughts. . .

- Being amongst 42000+ people watching the Canucks and Yanks play ball was pretty cool. My father and I were far enough up in the stands to look down on the pigeons and it was still crowded way up there. The fact that it stayed exciting right down to the last out (the whole stadium was on its feet for the last 3 outs) was just icing on the cake.

- Canuck film quandary - Bruce McDonald has a new one out. And there's also that one with the guy from Dawson's Creek. Which to see? I'll likely wind up seeing both but, surprisingly, I'm leaning towards seeing the latter one first. I just can't pass up a film that looks to be a Canuck landscape love-in. I hitch-hiked from Orillia to Vancouver when I was 18 and it's still one of the best trips I've ever taken.

- Bob Dylan has a new album coming out! Next month! I've been spending a lot of time lately listening to his last studio album (the utterly amazing Modern Times) and I can't wait to hear what he's come up with now. Apparently, it's more of a country affair where Modern Times was early rock and roll and all kinds of blues.

- best breakfast I've had in a long time - whole wheat bagel from What a Bagel still warm from the oven with all natural peanut butter and washed down with black coffee. Simple. Quick. Magnificent.

- Staples' free next day delivery is a really good thing. Far better than actually having to go to one of their stores. It's not just for bigger items. My last order was just a bunch of odds and ends but it broke the 50 buck threshold and saved me a trip.

- Harper got his concessions from the CAW, so let's see what concessions he demands from the bosses. My guess is it will wind up being somewhere between a token tongue lashing and diddily squat, but I'm probably just being cynical. We all know it was the big bad unions that ruined the extremely progressive auto industry, don't we?

- Bob Dylan has a new album coming out!

- !!

- The rain is holding off which is probably a sign I should get off my ass and go out for a walk. I've had a winter of sloth. Now it's time to get moving again.

3 comments:

Daibhin said...

There is nothing better then Bob Dylan!

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I will see both Canadian films as well. I mean, one has giant statues on the highway, the other has zombies. What's not to love?

Now I want a bagel.

John Mutford said...

Ah black coffee. The most consistent friend I've had for about 15 years.