Friday, November 28, 2008

In other news. . .

I can never just post one post, can I? I'll go a few days with nothing to say and then I finally muster up the motivation to say something anyways. Once the levee has been breached, it's just easy to add another post of something that is completely unrelated.

That being the underlying motivation of this post, I will go on. I can't go on. I will go on. I will say that I am operating on too little sleep (if you could not tell) and that all annoying run-on sentences are not my attempt to get back to my 18 year old beatnik wannabe coffeehouse self but really a symptom of too little sleep because I worked until 2am last night and couldn't really sleep in this morning but I wrangled a deal with the supervisor so I will only have a 6 hour shift tonight and I will indeed be going to see Hawksley Workman at Massey Hall tonight.

Yay!

He's fun, flamboyant, ridiculously talented and from Huntsville. What a strange mix.

I will shed a tear going to this show, though, because the last (and only) time I was at Massey Hall was to see the Rheostatics' last show.

That's it for now.

1 comment:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'll be there with you in spirit! Hawksley does indeed put on such a flamboyantly spectacular show, and it's been about 1.5 years since I have last seen him.

He is also ridiculously lovely and approachable in person and will willingly carry on an honest conversation with a lowly record tent volunteer like me. Love him!